The 2,500-acre Hawk Mountain Sanctuary is the world's first refuge for birds of prey and is open to the public year-round by trail-fee or membership, which in turn supports the non-profit organization's raptor conservation mission and local-to-global research, training, and education programs.
The mission of Hawk Mountain Sanctuary Association is to conserve birds of prey worldwide by providing leadership in raptor conservation science and education and by maintaining Hawk Mountain Sanctuary as a model conservation, research, and education facility.
Hawk Mountain is...
- A scientific research center
- An international conservation training site
- A learning facility for all ages
- An eco-tourism destination
- A wildlife sanctuary open to the public year-round
- The world's largest member-supported raptor conservation organization
- One of the best places in northeastern North America to view the annual autumn hawk migration
- The headquarters for an amazing and unique wildife conservation community.